NMT (No-Me Teaching) new series 89:
Ribhu Gita (Tamil) Ch 34:
(34) There is nothing in the World to equal the Knowledge that gives the clear discernment that I, the undivided, complete, perfectly full Self, am Brahman. What can surpass this Knowledge ? Those who have attained the Knowledge, which is the Awareness of the undivided Supreme Brahman. That I am Brahman, Brahman is myself. and I am all — will become Brahman alone and. rid of all limitations, attain Liberation that enables one to exist as oneself.
(35) Only the extremely firm certitude, “I am Brahman, all is the undivided Supreme Brahman, and That indeed is myself, and I am That”, can be said to be the Knowledge of the immaculate Self. Worthy son! hence, attaining firmly without impediments the steadfast certitude, “I am Brahman”. You will ever be. free of bondage, without any shackles, and become Brahman, Existence-Consciousness-Bliss.
(41) The “I am Brahman” certitude is indeed, The acme of firm Upanishadic conclusion. The “I am Brahman” certitude is indeed, the settled conclusion described in various scriptures when deeply inquired into.
The “I am Brahman” certitude indeed, the settled conclusion emphasized by the endless, legendary lore when studied in depth. The “I am Brahman” certitude is indeed, the settled conclusion described by all the legendary texts when closely looked into.
(42) The “I am Brahman” certitude indeed, the settled conclusion of the Lord. The “I am Brahman” certitude indeed, the firm settled conclusion of the undivided Knowledge. The “I am Brahman” certitude indeed, the settled conclusion of the disciples of the Lord. The “I am Brahman” certitude indeed, the settled conclusion of the devotees of the Lord who have attained undivided Knowledge.
(48) The undivided Supreme State will ensue, for those who have the steadfast “I am Brahman” certitude. The relentless hold of reincarnation will disappear For those who have the steadfast “I am Brahman” certitude. Endless varieties of afflictions will be finished for those who have the steadfast “I am Brahman” certitude. The undivided Supreme Joy will result for those who have the steadfast “I am Brahman” certitude.
Some disciple of Ramana Maharshi quotes:
We have learned to see only those things that seem to be real, but will not learn to see the Truth of the One that sees & knows them. If we do grasp the Reality of the One that perceives & knows, the ghost-like Ego will fall away & the deep intense Bliss of the life of Grace, the Supreme Self, will come into Existence.
Reality, the supreme & unique Nature of the Self, is nothing other than the heart in which the power of the Mind to generate its false creations has died. If the aggressive Ego is eliminated at its Source, a joy will arise that the sorrows of the Mind cannot touch.
Those who, through holy grace, have purified their Consciousness by remaining as the Witness, will attain an Awareness whose strength derives from its 1–pointedness. Through that Awareness they will be freed from delusive desires & the terrors they bring, thus attaining the authentic state of Supreme Bliss free all affliction.
Laying hold of that Self, which is the cause of Love, you should realize your True Nature in the Bliss of the Real.
Eliminating the error of my words, thoughts & deeply flawed Ego-Mind so that all my defects subsided, a greater Existence enfolded me, the wealth of the Real, flaring up within my heart in the form of dynamic Consciousness.
Mistaking Dream for Reality, my changeful Mind had been overspread by dark clouds of Delusion, intoxicated by its own error until it was submerged in the Reality of the immutable Self & merged into a true Existence where all conflict is absent.
Based on the Teachings of a great Sage:
The response to Sensory stimuli that exceed a certain minimum threshold continues for a brief period after the event. Ultimately this response is cerebral & belongs to the domain of Biochemistry. In normal circumstances, distinct groups of Sensations & their prolongation, succeed one another with sufficient rapidity to make them appear as though the formed an unbroken line. There will, however, be no difficulty in understanding that objective continuity is an illusion, if what was said regarding the interval be between 2 thoughts be borne in Mind.
We do not normally take note of this interval because we wrongly assume that when nothing objective is presented to Consciousness, what subsists is nothingness & not Consciousness. The Sense of continuity cannot therefore be derived from the objective, physiological side of Perception. The Sense of continuity is derived from the single, immutable, & non-temporal Consciousness in which all Perceptions occur.
As regards the Psychological origin of tri-dimensionality, when our attention goes outward, we become conscious of Sensations & instinctively perform a mental process. Completing it, with another, which is to imagine what we cannot possibly perceive, namely, the other side or the inside of the surface, we perceive notionally [mental].
We then gain the impression of having perceived a 3-dimensional object. Our habit of combining Tactile with Visual & other Sensations is due partly, if not wholly, to the fact that we are able to have the Feeling of, or Touch, those parts of our Body we cannot see. The analogy does the rest. As an illustration of how we create the appearance of the World, we need only look at a painting & ask ourselves where the recognition of nonexistent objects in a non-existent Space comes from. It does not come from the colored canvas. It comes from our habit of associating things physically experienced & visually appearing.
In practice, we do not always actually see or feel, in imagination, the other side or the inside of a surface. The idea of materiality is so much a part of our mental habit that we do not need to. In Sensory Perception, as in thinking, even those who are least developed among us often arrive at conclusions by an round-about process which is probably the best measure of good & bad Brains. While this Method is being practiced, it may be necessary to disentangle ourselves at first from this pragmatically useful but metaphysically unreliable short cut.
Some more selected verses from the Ramana Maharshi disciple Master Nome:
You pass through Waking, Dreaming, & Deep Dreamless Sleep states. Your Mind passes from Waking to Dreaming states, &, suddenly, all the Dreaming events are given the stamp of Reality, while the Waking state is regarded as though it had never happened. You may not even remember the Waking state. If you enter into Deep Dreamless Sleep, both Dreaming & Waking states are gone. All the multiplicity is gone, & there is just Deep thoughtless, Dreamless Sleep. Still, there is the sense of Reality, but now it is not being given to anything else, not being stamped upon anything.
The Dreaming state of Mind comes out of the seed of Deep Dreamless Sleep, which is why Deep Dreamless Sleep is referred to as the “causal” state. You later regard one of the Dreams as the “Waking state”. You then think, “Here it is” & you give to it the stamp of Reality. As the Maharshi often points out in his Teaching, “Nothing comes & tells you, ‘this is real’.”‘ It does not stand before you & say, “I am Real.” In your experience you must say, “It is Real,” & so you to consider it as such. When you say it is Real, the Reality still inheres in you, oneself which is the Non-Dual Self. The Reality is not as the “person” for that is just one of the phenomena that are coming & going. Reality is found in & as your real Being. There is the Truth. From there is where the sense of Reality derives. Nothing ever declares its Reality, no matter how Real it seems. You can superimpose that unreal thing upon the Reality, & then it seems endowed with the qualities as if it is Real, like the “Snake” that never declares its Reality. Only in Imagination does one say it is a “Snake” [though it was a mistaken rope all along]. It is just like that with everything else in relation to the Self, which alone is the one, sole-existent Reality.
The above themes & 1600 pages more are freely available as perused or downloaded PDF’s, the sole occupants of a Public Microsoft Skydrive “Public Folder” accessible through:
or with Caps-sensitive:
Duplicates (but with graphics) have been available on:
http://www.blogger.com as “Being-as-Consciousness, Non-Duality – new & final version” with link:
“There is no Creation, no Destruction, no Bondage, no longing to be freed from Bondage, no striving for Liberation, nor anyone who has attained Liberation. Know that this to be Ultimate Truth.” – the “no creation” school of Gaudapada, Shankara, Ramana, Nome – Ajata Vada
for very succinct summary of the teaching & practice, see: www.ajatavada.com/